Saturday, June 22, 2013

Update time




 So I know I haven't been on here in a bit, but for starters I was trying to revamp the blog pages for all of you. I hope you like the changes and it makes it easier for all you to stay updated with my work. For those of you awaiting my next release, I am working very hard on it. I am on the last chapter. I have a lot of things going on in my life that has halted my writing these past few months, but each day I have been trying to write at least a page. Sometimes I'm lucky and get 2,000 words down, most of the time I only get 300-500 words. Pathetic, right? At least that's how I felt, until I accepted the fact at least I am writing and there's no reason to rush it. I want to be fully content with my work and I want you all to enjoy it. If I rush it, and don't connect to my writing and my characters, it's really not fair to any of you.

 Good news, I have most likely picked/designed my cover for my upcoming zombie book. I'm just waiting to make sure it's exactly what I want before I share it with all of you. This book will be self-published after much debate with myself, but it's because I wrote this for my best friend and I wanted to give this to her for her 30th birthday. Sometimes with publishing companies, authors have to wait so long for their book to be released and with this book, I did not want to do that. Plus originally this book was only estimated to be a long novella, and most publishing companies are not looking for that. I will say though, that this book is now a full-length ya novel. And I estimate it to be about the same length of The Shifted once I finish this last chapter.

(That is probably another very valid reason I have yet to finish this book like I intended. Because this book has progressed into much more than just a quick, fun "zombie story.")


As for any updates on my second book in the Emerson Fox Series, I don't really have one at this time. I think we are shooting for a fall release, so once I get the date I will let you know. I can't wait to see what cover they come up for Full Moon On The Rise. There is a new cover artist working with the company, and I am curious to see the work. Though Patricia Lazarus who did my cover for The Shifted was excellent I might add. She worked with me, and took my suggestions, and came up with a great cover in my opinion. I love the wolf eyes. This time, I am hoping to do something a little different though but just as suspenseful looking. We shall see :)

The print version of The Shifted is coming out shortly. They are working on formatting it as we speak. Hopefully by end of next month? There was a couple grammar/spelling errors missed, we do apologize, and the issue is being fixed immediately and will be updated in the e-book and before the print version is issued. For those that read The Shifted already, I hope the errors didn't distract you to much. I hope you were still able to enjoy the story and fall in love with my characters.

Well, for now that's all there is to update. I am going to try to use this free time I have right now to work on wrapping up my zombie story. I hope you can understand :)
Take care guys.

xoxo
Natalie




No comments:

Post a Comment