Thursday, June 27, 2013

Books I want to read...




 Okay, first I want to say I love to write. Obviously. But writing has its drawbacks. For instance, I love to read too. But I don't get a chance to read when I'm busy writing my own work. Sure once and a while I can squeeze a book in, but usually most my time is divided between my full time "real" job, my job as a housewife, and my writing. Plus, I got to make sure I spend time with my pups, plus spend time with the family. So since I haven't figured out how to make more hours in the day yet, I currently have to put my other joys to the side. Hence, reading.
Yet, I have this terrible habit of buying books all the time. Books I want to read....just can't seem to get to. So my new book shelf is almost completely full already and my kindle list just keeps growing. I've decided I really need to do something about that. I know for a fact, I won't stop buying books so that means I have to start reading at least some of them.
Which means....I have to take a pause on my writing. I will still be working on my book with my brother-in-law, but my other stories are going to be chilling on the back burner for a bit longer. I'm okay with that. Edits are continuing on my newest YA too, so while I'm waiting on that, I'm going to take that "mini vaca" and catch up on some sun and good reads.

Here is my current list of books unread:

Book Shelf List:

Spark "#2 Elemental Series" - Brigid Kemmerer
 Wake- Amanda Hocking
The Mark of Athena "#3 The Heroes of Olympus"- Rick Riordan
The Throne of Fire "#2 Kane Chronicles" - Rick Riordan
Bitter Blood "The Morganville Vampires"- Rachel Caine
Rapture " A fallen novel"- Lauren Kate
Finale "#4 Hush, Hush Saga" - Becca Fitzpatrick
Explosive Eighteen- "A Stephanie Plum Novel"- Janet Evanovich

Kindle List:

Beside Your Heart- Mary Whitney
Flat Out Love- Jessica Park
A Cowboy for Christmas- Kristen James
Stained- Ella James
Hollowland "The Hollows"- Amanda Hocking
Death by Chocolate- Julie Anne Lindsay
Branded "Fall of Angels" - Keary Taylor
Impossible Dreams- Betty Jo Schuler
The Wrong Side of the Tracks- Mike Wells
The Soul Keepers- G.P. Ching
Existence- Abbi Glines
His Kiss- Melanie Marks
Catching Fire "#2 Hunger Games" - Suzanne Collins
MockingJay "#3 Hunger Games" - Suzzane Collins
Send- Patty Blount
Ravyn's Fall - Julie Blackstone
Virtue- A fairy Tale- Amanda Hocking
Fall for me- Melanie Marks
Demanding Ransom- Megan Squires


Purchased Last Night at a Book Fair:

A Hollywood Ending- Robyn Sisman
Mean Season- Heather Cochran
Texas Heat- Debra White Smith
Mad About Maddie- Cheryl Anne Porter
Carpool Diem- Nancy Star
Scot on the Rocks- Brenda Janowitz
Colorado Heart- Cindy Holby
Nobody Does It Better- Julie Kenner



There are so many more titles I want to buy, but I have to go through some of these first and as you can see, there's a good list going.
Have any of you read any of these books? Which was your favorite? I have no clue what I'm going to read first. But I did just finish reading two books this week:

In My Face-  Chamera Sampson
Harvest of the Heart- Julie Anne Lindsey

But of course, they were both bought this week on my kindle so that didn't put any dents in my already purchased books.
Sigh. lol.

But don't worry, I'm only taking a "mini break" from my writing, and really it's not much of a break anyway, because I will still be doing some final stuff on my book coming on soon, and my book with my brother-in-law, so I am still working.
Honest.


xoxo
Natalie



No comments:

Post a Comment