Saturday, April 6, 2013

The week I turned 30....and the release of my third children's book.

Hey everyone! It's official. I'm finally 30. The big 3-0! Do you know I've been dreading turning 30 since probably high school. Lol. I don't know what it is about the number. I guess it's just the fact that you are officially a grown up. There are no more excuses for you to be lazy, and childish. Or at least that's how I view it.
However I was speaking to my Grandmother (one of the best people in the world that is) and she asked me yesterday "How are you feeling now that you are 30?" (and let's keep in mind this is a 86 year old woman who has pneumonia, lung cancer and copd and she's asking ME how I feel.) So I told her, "Well, I feel 30." Of course I was just joking. Then she went on to tell me that "30s are a wonderful age. They are better than your 20s. You are wiser. Prettier. stronger. You can accomplish more." Then she continued to say. "40s will be the best years yet. You mark my words. You wont be able to believe it now but it doesn't go downhill at 30. It just gets better and better. You have your freedom now to do whatever. You are your own person. You are an adult. And that means you can do anything you want. So don't get sad and don't give up. Stay positive."
I love that woman, so much. I don't know how but just a short little conversation with her made me feel a little better.
She is the most positive woman I know. Even with all she is dealing with she is still positive.
I asked her, "Gram how are YOU feeling?" She said, "Well. Pap and I are slowly getting better each day but we are both miserable." Then she started laughing. "But I'm positive we will be fine."
Three years ago the doctors told her she only had 3 months to live if she didn't take the chemo... if she took the chemo she had a 6 months to a year. My Gram hasn't taken chemo for over two years now. The good Lord has blessed our family so much. I don't know where I'd be without my Gram. I love her and she is a huge influence in my life.
And with that being said, you can see why I started off my vacation week with heading back home to PA to see Her and Pap and the rest of my family. Because for Easter I wanted to be back home with them.

So here is a summary of my birthday week. Figured I'd take a couple pictures to share with you all.

Friday 3/29
I woke up and went to the gym for the first time in a LONG time. (I am determined to being more fit and healthy than I was in my 20s...plus I'm training for a 3 day hike on the Appalachian trail. )
Then in the afternoon, I hit the road.
I didn't do much Friday night because it was a good 3 1/2 hour drive and I didn't show up until around dinner time. So I hit the food store with my mom, we stopped by to hug and kiss Gram/Pap and my nephews and then headed back to her house in the mountain.
And played a little cards while enjoying a glass of wine with my parents.



I was losing at the point I took this pic with my camera phone, but I actually ended up winning. YAY!!! lol.
Then after that we settled down on and watched Monk on dvd. (And this became the start of my unhealthy obsession with the show. I haven't spent a night since NOT watching at least one show on netflicks.)




Saturday 3/30
Since I didn't have a gym, I went for a hour long walk with my father through the PA mountains. (Great work out! Wish I had those hills near me.)
Then I went shopping with my sister. Just some one on one sister time. I had to go buy an easter outfit because I realized that the pants I packed for Easter I must have shrunk in the dryer because they were too tight, and too short. Ugh. They were new pants too!!!! But I ended up buying a cute poka dot dress (yes, poka dots) and my sister treated me to lunch at the pizzeria. (nice bonding time and really really good french fries)
After that I hung with my nephews for awhile then headed back to my parents house for the rest of the night.

Easter Sunday 3/31
I got up really early and went to church with my parents. I hadn't been to church in like a year so it was definitely time to go. (plus I was born on easter sunday so I like to go at least on Easter).
After that we came back to my parents house and had Easter dinner. We had easter egg hunt, easter baskets (Even my pups got one), and last but not least a surprise birthday cake for ME:)

 Then it was a long drive home in the rain :( But that's okay because I had homemade birthday cake, easter candy and I was content.
Then I got home and got smothered in kisses by these two loves of my life.


 Monday 4/1
I started the day off at the gym again. Then spoiled myself at a day spa the rest of the day with my birthday gift. Getting a manicure. A pedicure. A hair cut.
Then went to my inlaws house and had dinner and a glass of wine with my sister-in-law.Check out my lovely manicure.


Tuesday 4/2
I started the day off at the gym again. Then I met a friend of mine for lunch. I haven't seen him in like two years so it was great seeing him. Then he bought me the craziest pants I ever seen for my birthday present. They are geometrical designs. One is black and white. One is every color of the rainbow.
And in some weird way I actually like them. lol.
Then after lunch and shopping, I went out to eat with my hubby.

Wednesday 4/3 (HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!)
I started the day off at the gym again. Legs day. Ugh. (Why do I do that to myself ?) lol
I came home from the gym to find these sitting on my kitchen island for me from the hubby.

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!

 I took my pic with my dogs, though they don't really cooperate around cameras. lol Here is the first look at my new hair cut.











Then I went to lunch with my hubby to our favorite little deli place. Then got a coffee. And bought myself a pair of sanuks. Check them out. <3
Then my hubby had to go to class and training for the rest of the day :( boo!!!! So I was left alone. But Mike's Aunt surprised me with cake and pastries and Mike's family sang Happy Birthday to me!


YUM!

After that my mom came back down from PA to take me out to dinner. We went to this cute little italian place. And we had so much food. Our appetizer was actually waffle fries with cheese and gravy though. lol.

Overall it was a good birthday.

Thursday 4/4
I was back to work... and life was normal again. I even took a day off from working out. And just cooked my hubby dinner and then watched WAY TOO MANY episodes of Monk at night.

Friday 4/5
I went to work. After work since it was so beautiful out I went for a 2 mile run. Then I jumped on the back of the Harley with my hubby. We went out for burgers. And I came home and forced myself to spend sometime writing.
I ended up writing the story for my NEXT children's book and self-published my third children's book. Here is the title and the link if you'd like to purchase it.

COMING SOON TO AMAZON!! AVAILABLE NOW ON CREATESPACE.COM FOR $5.99. Percentage of proceeds donated to East Coast Paws N Claws Rescue 
Here's the link:


And today Saturday 4/6...
I started officially training for my hike across the Appalachian trail next month.  Training day 1. Eight and a half miles on the trails with about a 15 pound backpack. 
(Must say after my run yesterday and the hike today... my legs are burning. lol)

 



 Now after a great and yet entirely exhausting hike ( I hope I can do this 3 day adventure next month) I am going to relax and guess what, (Yup that's right) watch more episodes of MONK.
Have any of you seen Monk? Do you like it? I can't get enough of it. Probably because sadly I have many of Monk's characteristics and it makes me laugh.

Well thanks for stopping by, glad I was able to do a rewind of my great week for you all, and hope you stop by again soon. And while you are at it, check my new children book release. It's a cute story inspired by true events.

No comments:

Post a Comment