Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Shifted

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. The weather wasn't so great this morning here, but at least by afternoon it was sunny out. I even got a chance to go out and ride my new beach cruiser bicycle that my husband bought me for our 5-year anniversary today. Yes, some women get jewelry but I get a really awesome, old fashioned white bike with a pink seat and handlebars. (Wicker basket attachment included)
[Insert happy dance here]
So while I was out, pedaling my way through town, I just couldn't stop thinking about how excited I still am about being signed by Tell-Tale Publishing.
As of right now I haven't started edits yet but I look forward to them. I say that now, but of course once I actually get edits I might be slightly discouraged. But its all about getting to the end result that will hopefully make all you readers out there happy.
I wish I could give everyone who keeps asking me a release date, but as of right now I don't have one.I just ask that you bare with me and I promise you sooner or later you'll get a chance to hear Kale's story.

In the meantime, stay tuned to my blog for further updates. I promise to keep everyone up to date with where my book stands.

And for anyone who doesn't know what my YA Paranormal novel is about check out the following
( This blurb can also be found on the tell-tale publishing website along with my author profile. http://www.tell-talepublishing.com/natalie-carlisle.html )


The Shifted:

" Kale Rollins’ life has become a living nightmare. As if it wasn’t awkward enough being an adopted normal kid in a family of purebred shapeshifters, he was now being transferred to a new school made solely for their kind. And it gets worse. He must attend this school under the pretense that he too is a shapeshifter, in order to “babysit” his fourteen year old brother who has suddenly shifted a year earlier than expected.

However, with the new found knowledge that shapeshifting families are mysteriously disappearing, Kale wonders if attending Emerson Fox Academy is actually as safe as it seems.

Before he even reaches the school, he finds himself in the middle of a feud that could become life-threatening to him and his brother.

Unexpectedly friendships are formed as he chooses a side - So are enemies.

There is one girl though through it all that makes him want to stay. Except the closer he gets to Lavallette Waters, the harder it is to keep up his façade.

As secrets start to unravel around him, Kale wonders what will happen next…

Will “babysitting” his brother be the death of him?

Can he really trust Lavallette?

And how much more time do they have before someone they care about disappears? "

5 comments:

  1. Wow. The Shifted sounds really interesting. I never heard of a normal person pretending to be a paranormal character. Can't wait to read it.

    I was wondering whenever you are in further in the publishing progress that I could request an Advanced Reader's Review and an author's interview.

    I interviewed Amy Machelle who wrote Saving Elizabeth. I would be glad to help to promote The Shifted as best as possible.

    Sorry to bother you.

    I would like to congradulate you on getting a publishing career and I wish you the best of luck.

    Raven Paramour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Raven and you are absolutely no bother at all! It's nice to meet you! I emailed the PR department today about your request and I was told reviews can be scheduled once The Shifted has gone through the required editing process and there's a final PDF version of my book. I was also told I can do as many interviews prior to publication as I can get, I just have to let the PR dept know when and where.
    So hopefully we can set something up in the near future with you.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Generally, I like to read the book first before giving an author review. That way, I know what questions to ask. (Getting a final PDF would be great)


      Please let me know when we can proceed. I can be contacted via email or Facebook. I am on Facebook under the name Raven Paramour.

      Pleasure talking to you:)

      Raven

      Delete
  3. I so want a bike like the one you described. I looked at one at the end of last summer- but I did't have the money. I am hoping to get one for this summer! Love them! Congrats on getting signed. I wish you much success and enjoyed the part of The Shifted that you shared. :)

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jess! Beach cruiser bicycles have always been a favorite of mine. I think they are so adorable. I hope you get the opportunity to get one this summer.

    I'm hoping to get the annoying old fashioned bell for my handlebars just because I think it completes the look :)
    Maybe my hubby will surprise me for my birthday next month! Haha, but that's probably asking A LOT of him!

    Anyway, I can't wait to share The Shifted with the world- I hope you enjoy it just as much as I have loved writing it. (Happy to hear you've enjoyed the book blurb at least.)

    ReplyDelete